Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring 2011 2nd Semester Do Over Week Six

Captain's Log Stardate 201102.25
It is time for midterms and everyone is feeling the pressure.  I've had some many things due this week, my head is spinning.  Sometimes I think the professors at the Academy are just out to get us and drive us crazy.  I am glad I don't have to drive over to the hospital three days this month and I am off floor next week.  Things are going to be challenging the week of my ECG final and also my first exam in EBP but I am not to worried.  I do have a little anxiety about the upcoming exam on Monday.  This will be the second time I am taking it and I am not looking to fail it again.  Of course I am sick again but not as bad as last year.

Crewman Andrew was first to start coughing and Cadet Denyce and the Commander have followed.  Of course the Commander shared it with me and I have been working overtime to keep it minimal.  I feel pretty good but the throat and sniffles are getting pretty old. 

My workouts have become non-existant again!  Once my Tuesday evening class is successfully completed I look forward to having my life back and having time to relax and exercise.

The Commander's transition seems to be going well.  Had to deal with some very "strange" antics from his former partners [some people just do not have any good sense] but that has all come to an end.  I have just a few more things to complete before April 15th and I am officially done.  Glad I took care of paying myself last year.  Prayfully the money that was spoken for will not be touched by those who aren't supposed to touch it and all will fall into place.  So glad I can start completely concentrating on my school work and possible a health care position real soon.

I am not going to think too far ahead, once I have successfully passed this course then I will think about summer school.  If I am eligible I'll be able to catch up to my cohorts otherwise it will be a December Graduation in 2012. 

Clinicals is going well and I am glad that I'm working with nurses that like us and are willing to teach us.  My patients have been unique to say the least...I'm so glad I don't want to work with men on a regular basis but it has definitely been a learning experience.

Time to get back to the books.
End Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment