Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spring 2011 2nd Semester Do Over Week Three

Stardate 20112.5

Time flies when you're having fun.  Am I having fun?  So much to do and I feel like I'm am always trying to catch up.  Began reading for my ECG class.  The information is not hard but there is a lot of information that must be learned.  Survived the Huge Class but I am so advanced for some of the stuff that we are doing.  Now if I can just convey that advancement on my exams!!  My clinical professor was the lecturer on Breast Cancer.  Not too much changed from her lecture last semester.

Me and my carpool buddy left at 5:45 am and we got to the hospital about 6:10 am.  No more being late for us.  I like being able to access the computers before anyone else arrives.  My patient this week had a Dx of Failure to Thrive.  It will be interesting to see what is all entailed in this diagnosis.  He has an ileostomy too so I'll be learning some new techniques on care and management.  I actually had a good two days with my patient.  Once I got him showered and refreshed, he was like a new person.  I believe once he starts eating and taking care of himself, his malnutrition should be behind him.

Last Thursday I had went and talked to Dr Robinson, I had seen Prof. Lischke that day too, and they both really made me feel so much better.  I know not passing was mostly my fault but it really gnaws at you when no one seems to feel for you or even understand what you are going through.  I'm getting better about dealing with my class mates but its a challenge.  I am a private person most of the time and this seems to be hanging out the window.  I must make sure to send Dr. Robinson a thank you note.  She made me feel like we were good friends sitting around having tea and catching up.  She is someone I would enjoy learning from on a regular basis.

Survived the EBP class, it was interesting to see the other groups presentations.  My clinical professor was the guest lecturer again.  It would be cool to go to NIH and be a part of a research group, but I don't think I can afford it.  It was kinda neat seeing my clinical professor 4 days in a row.  I think I am going to like her.

Trying to get my DVD recorder to work the way I want it to.  I'm running out of room on the DVR.  I've got the discs, now to find the time.

Our new church, Celebrate Church, will start on Sunday at 10:30 am.  It will be weird to sleep in on Sundays.  I'll try to get some studying in before church.  We will miss Pastor Jim and Frieda, but I know there is another plan for them where they will be blessed.  I know will be praying over the spiritual growth of my children and family.

Looking forward to my mom coming down in two weeks.  Steve needs a little break and it will be nice to spend time alone with him.

Did good with my exercises this, my weight is not going up.  The long Mon to Weds stretch though only leave me motivated to sleep.

All in all it was a great week and I look forward to more of the same.
End Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment