Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring 2011 2nd Semester Do Over Week Five

Stardate 201102.19
Today is the Commander's 48th birthday.  We had a nice time at a little burger joint, Fuddrucker's, and he enjoyed his birthday brownie a la mode.  I will have to make sure I spend some time on the holodeck working off my chicken sandwich.

The week went pretty good.  Lost my keys in one of my bags...yes the stress is building, but was glad I didn't really lose them.  I feel like I am understanding my classes but it also seem fleeting.  Like its there but can mysterious vanish.  My goal was to review every day...those plans were dashed as I began to work on my Care Plan that is due on Sunday and my Case Study that I must present on Tuesday.  It didn't help that my group didn't get my the information I needed for our Thursday presentation until 3 days prior.  Nothing like flying by the seat of your pants.  This is why I hate group projects.  I know sometimes you have to work with people you would prefer not to but in this case when a grade is on the line and the individuals still do not seem to care you want to hurt someone.  Thankfully I was creative enough to make it work and the teacher was pleased.

My workouts are so uneventful.  I'm not putting on any weight but my mind is so consumed with upcoming exams I am not taking any additional weight off either.  I am eating healthier and by taking my lunch each week to the VA hospital I am saving money.  Gas is so expensive right now I don't have any extra to waste.

The crew is growing like weeds.  Ensign Andrew needs more uniforms in size 5!  What are we going to do when he does turn 5!!
Cadet Denyce's sense of style is going through a change as well.  She wanted to give away or throw away perfectly good clothes and could not offer a reason why.  We are trying to take it in stride.

Clinicals was much calmer this week.  Picked a patient with a heart condition so I could get some extra study time in.  Glad I only have to shuttle over there once with my craft next week.  IVs should be interesting  and then we start the off floor rotations.  I am ready, as well as ready to take two patients....of course I've handled three but I'm not putting that out there just yet.

Okay PADDs are calling my name and I better get to it.
End Transmission 

No comments:

Post a Comment