Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sat. Jan. 12, 2013 What is up with some people?

Took a breather from studying and as I was going through my email I saw an advertisement for a romance novel for ninety-nine cents and thought I'd take a look.  Although I am not looking for anything new to read (my nightstand is very ready for me to lighten its load once I finish with licensing) I was intrigued by the cover of the book. 

Although this wasn't one of those experiences where the comments below the article are more entertaining than the article, I was pulled in for a different reason.  I am going to pass on buying the book (this time),but I did read the reviews for the book.  From there I started reading reviews for other books that I had purchased (some read, others I am going to read).  I was greatly surprised by some of the reviews.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have learned to be professionally courteous when I make comments about others' work, either you like it or you don't but some of the attacks are senseless.

I was a bit shocked by the very long comment one person wrote and they were only leaving a one star rating for the story.  I would think an email to the author would have been better.  Why go through all that trouble just to voice you didn't like someone's work?  I just don't understand why some people behave that way, especially since they do not have to.  Do they think the author is going to rewrite their work to appease them?  Not going to happen.  Good honest mistakes are one thing but people are getting beside themselves with some of their reviews.  Makes me wonder if they are even real.

I know not all I write will be liked or enjoyed but I am more receptive to an respective reader with a thoughtful comment than a commenter with their own agenda.  I won't be reading anymore reviews for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment