Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting Educated..

One of the great things I love about writing is the research. I didn't always feel that way, especially when doing school papers, but with the fast access we have to information I am enjoying the process.  As I look at the past, I wonder if I could have survived, or fit in during that time.  How different would my life be?  Would I be experiencing the same amount of joy that I have now?  No I don't need to have a Back to the Future moment or experience to make me thankful for what I have, but it would be a bit intriguing.

As I tangle with my latest couple, time travel and the issues of that time, I found myself drawn to more current issues.  I spent a good portion of the day just looking up individuals from days long gone and wondered what has their divining rod that go them going and kept them encouraged even in the true threat of danger.

Laws and regulations are nice sentiment but they will never change hearts.  People have to want to love and accept each other.  We must stop raising up a generation of whiners, or not raising our children to be appreciative and thankful.  They are not entitled to anything.  Many do not know what it means to live on the run or be hungry or scared someone is going to snatch you at any moment.  We have become too desensitized by our technology/entertainment we no long feel for people.

May we not forget we are part of the human race, First and then all the other differences are meant to make the world vibrant and sweeter.  Not separate us and think more highly of ourselves than we ought to.

No comments:

Post a Comment