Friday, June 3, 2016

Hot Potato Topic June #1

Happy June my fellow cooks!
Well I am invited to so many weddings this month I won't be enjoying any of my weekends. Okay I know that sounds bad since my friends has invested a lot of time, money, and effort into their upcoming beautiful day but the cynic and unexcited sleepyhead, (hope I don't get uninvited since I live to eat), just wants to stay in bed and enjoy the warmer weather.

So what's really behind all this hoopla? Is it really love or are people just trying to outdo each other. We see the elaborate proposals and flash mobs. Jewelry stores are in seventh heaven as the theme "Go Big or Go Home," is the way of popular culture when it comes to romance. So I guess the sayings "less is more," and "bigger isn't always better," have lost their cred.

Personally celebrating love in all its true simplicity and beauty in an intimate setting can go a long, long way. Now if girlfriend wants to play queen for the day I am all for that too. Heck, since this is supposed to be a one time thing I believe in going all out and getting what you want. No settling here.
Of course we have the other hand. Doing all this just for attention or to save face. You better get over yourself. Marriage has been beaten up pretty badly by individuals who wanted to behave badly and not have anyone call them on their $#!+.

As ya'll have come to learn hanging with me means telling it like it is. No mincing words. So ladies stop going after these rich guys and just be rich yourselves. Guys stop pining after the silicone and plastic surgery.  Did any one see the article about the damage done by weaves and hair extensions?? We'll have to do a health segment real soon!

Alright my true blue, real cooks. I hope you have a great week and find real love and hold on to with both hands!
The Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment