Monday, May 2, 2016

Hot Potato Topic May #1

Hey My Favorite Knowledge Gourmets!
Well I know I am not the first to say it and I won't be the last...but humans have definitely lost the art of original creativity. I guess the years of MTV and reality shows have made every brain dead and forgotten what true entertainment is. Did we just talk about entertainment people not taking risks just a few weeks ago?? Well the death by sequel and remake seem to be on the up rise. Now I am not downing all remakes....some of them need to be done. The top ones on my list
1. The Firm
2. The Matrix Reloaded (though I LOVE the freeway sequence)
3. For the Roses/Come Spring (based on J. Garwood's awesome books)
4. Dune
5. Starship Troopers

Remakes or Sequels that we could have done without or are not necessary
1. Clash of the Titans
2. Ghostbusters
3. The Matrix Revolutions
4. Point Break
5. Honey We Shrunk Ourselves
6. Avatar 2 & 3 (I mean really?)

That's my short list off the top of my head while sitting here trying to not be too critical since I am not a movie maker or script writer...but people please. Does the industry think we are all stupid? Really! If you are going to charge me $15 at least let me come away with good memories and something I might recommend or even buy when it comes out on Blu-Ray. I am sure that if you do a search on the internet you'll find plenty of lists of what should be remade and what should be touched since its a classic. Of course bring a movie into the current times isn't always bad...I do find myself getting a great laugh when I see old technology that many are scratching their heads over what is that.

With that said, I am actually looking forward to the remake of the Magnificent Seven!!! Yes sir and Yes ma'am! Check out the trailer and tell me what you think!! Magnificent Seven Trailer Click Here
Another remake, especially for those of use who read the books is Tarzan! Here's another  Wow oh Wow trailer! The Legend of Tarzan Click Here Alright people let's get cooking and be creative and imaginative today!
The Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment